Navidium covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the below criteria. Review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Navidium will cover.
Note: When refunding an item, Navidium covers the subtotal of the order. Shipping costs, duties, taxes, and the cost for Navidium protection are not included in the refund.
Lost Items Policies
Packages presumed to be lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be communicated to Polarn O. Pyret USA customer service no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for Canadian orders). Email us here.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to Polarn O. Pyret. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Navidium does not cover this. Reach out to us here to coordinate getting your item shipped out again. Additional shipping charges may apply.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Navidium does not cover the issue. The customer should reach out to us here for follow up.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Navidium will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package via PO.P customer service.
- If the retailer forgets to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to PO.P to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
- Navidium does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to us. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
- Navidium does cover the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to PO.P. Same time frames apply here.
Order stuck in Canadian customs
- Navidium cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in Canadian customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
Stolen Items Policies
Delivered but missing package
At its discretion, Navidium requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered but appears to have been stolen.
- 1. Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Navidium is a package protection service that requires a police report to document orders which the customer thinks have been stolen.
- 2. Send PO.P’s customer service the police report PDF and related order number. In many cases, police reports can be filed online.
At its discretion, Navidium can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.
Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Navidium as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Damaged Items Policies
- In order to refund or replace damaged items in transit, Navidium requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.). Contact customer service here for follow up.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Navidium does not cover this. The customer needs to contact PO.P directly.
- If the customer is dissatisfied with their purchase, Navidium is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
Too late to file
- Navidium can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/Canadian timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline by the customer, Navidium will deny the order issue. Polarn O. Pyret customer service will similarly not be able to assist should your order delivery issue fall outside of the stated timeline herein.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Navidium will not cover it. Please instead follow up with the carrier directly with your claim.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Navidium will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
- For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Should Navidium refund the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
- Navidium reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Didn't want Navidium Shipment Protection
- Note that the Navidium service is always an opt out at checkout and is not required by PO.P to place your order. Just realize if you do not opt to use Navidium, that PO.P will no longer be able to replace lost, damaged or stolen packages.
- If the customer’s package has not shipped, Navidium can refund the shipment protection fee.
- If the item has shipped, Navidium is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.